Supporting the U.S. Navy in its critical missions
When the U.S. called Bechtel to contribute to the war effort in World War II, we answered. Bechtel innovation in shipyard operations churned out 467 cargo ships and tankers at Calship in Los Angeles and another 100 tankers and cargo vessels from Marinship in Sausalito, California.
Today, Bechtel has completed more than 80 port, harbor, and maritime projects for customers around the world.
Our in-house team is capable of performing any or every part of a maritime infrastructure project:
- Port and harbor master planning
- Coastal engineering
- Environmental impact assessments
- Port infrastructure planning including intermodal connections
- Project and construction management
- Hands-on understanding and optimization of port operations
Bechtel has the ability and flexibility to undertake any size marine development project, ranging from small feasibility studies to major marine infrastructure developments anywhere in the world. Our customers and their missions benefit from efficiencies gained from more than 120 years of global megaproject delivery.